The South Carolina Arts Alliance is leading a team of fellow Palmetto state arts advocates to Washington DC to voice our support for the arts in America March 20 and 21. In what is shaping up to be the largest National Advocacy Day EVER, our time in DC is vital in demonstrating to our elected officials at the federal level the support that our great state has for the arts and encourage them to show the same support through their work on Capitol Hill. We have meetings set with every South Carolina Congressional office on Tuesday – so we’ll be hitting the pavement all day long!
If you can’t go this year, maybe you’ll consider sending us on our way with some lunch money…
Make a quick donation to support our work in DC and underwrite the costs of taking our message to Capitol Hill!
- $5 covers a bottled water in the airport (DC ain’t cheap y’all!).
- $15 covers a BBQ sandwich, mac & cheese, green beans, and a drink in a Capitol Hill cafeteria (guys…it’s actually really good).
- $25 covers a burger, fries, and a drink at District Kitchen, where our SC Team will eat dinner the night before our visits on the Hill (again…DC ain’t cheap!).
- $50 covers dinner and strategizing with our peer advocacy organizations from around the country on Sunday before the conference starts.
- $100 covers all of the taxi rides (with SC Team members) to/from Capitol Hill and back to the airport.
- $250 covers the nightly cost at the hotel where over 600 advocates are also staying (don’t worry, there’s free wi-fi).